Industrial waste — One year ago, aerial photos of a Trinity River tributary near Oak Cliff meat packing plant Columbia Packing Co. showed a dark red substance running through it. Texas Parks and Wildlife later found the substance to be pig blood and toxic chemicals. City, state and federal authorities raided the plant in early January.
Nearby residents say they’ve dealt with the foul stench for decades. Columbia officials say that any spilled blood was just a matter of bad plumbing. The company is charged with six counts of releasing waste into Cedar Creek, and members of the Ondrusek family, which runs Columbia, have also been charged.
23 Notes/ Hide
- mistakesimwillingtomake reblogged this from erikasaysso
- a-girl-and-her-leopard reblogged this from gooookarate
- iamthatis likes this
- ondasviolentas reblogged this from iamthatis and added:
- seiversalad reblogged this from dallasmorningnews
- itsaniceviewfromthetop reblogged this from erikasaysso
- erikasaysso reblogged this from dallasmorningnews
- grasscheepers likes this
- gooookarate reblogged this from dallasmorningnews
- blazingeuphoria reblogged this from dallasmorningnews
- dallasmorningnews posted this